Thursday, August 27, 2009

Virginia's NEW Best Kept Secret


The older I get, the more unbelievable it is to me at how much speed time has seemed to pick up over the course of my life.  For myself, and I would suspect my sisters Jen and Eileen, a reliable guidepost in my life's time-table has been my youngest sister, Katie.  

She can now cross out completing her college education from her list as she now embarks on a quest for her Masters at William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA.  Although, I am truly elated for her new beginning and secretly envious of the new discoveries and exploration that await her, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't sad to see her leave.  

Somehow, Katie has taken on the very large job of being a true constant for our family. Her love is unwavering and her spirit and unique sense of humor, untouchable.  Simply put, she is for me, the truest example of the kind of person I think God wants us to be.  

Below are some photos I tried to get of my offspring posing with their "untouchable" Aunt, two days before she left to head South.  Ah, how much Maeve and Michael have to learn.  Thank God they have one of the best mentors this life has to offer in Katie.     

 






No comments: