Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cow-Belle...and the rare, Geisha-Cat


This year Maeve stretched the limits of creativity a bit and sported not one, but two different costumes for the 2009 Halloween "season."  Upon accepting an invitation to her friend, Patrick's Halloween party, I asked Maeve what she would like to wear for a costume.  Initially, she chose last year's Geisha costume, which was a relief for me because I knew I wouldn't have to spend any money.  On the day of the party however, with a 1/2 hour to go before departure, she decided that she'd also like to be a cat.  I deftly applied my best cat rendering to her face and out the door we flew!  




Fast forward to the 48-hour countdown to Halloween.  There I am with the kids at BJ's of all places convincing myself that not only do we need one more bag of candy, but we also need the Belle (of Disney's "Beauty & The Beast") costume that is strategically hanging right in my sight line upon entering the store.  Of course, Maeve was more than thrilled as a result of one of my weaker moments and instantly commanded me to call her Belle instead of Maeve.  The smile that stretched across her face, of course, convinced (tricked) me that my clutch decision was the right decision.  Michael on the other hand, was a more challenging subject to costume.  First we tried a monkey, then we tried Batman, followed by a lion.  We finally decided upon a cow costume probably because it was more like a cow outfit with a tail coming off his behind (that he couldn't see) and ears protruding from his hood.  He kept it on most of the night and enjoyed the sights and sounds and oddly balmy weather of the evening.  Here are a few shots from the spooky event...






No comments: