Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Christmas 2007 - Trimming the Tree



So Chris and Maeve headed out for the annual chopping down of the McNamara Christmas tree and I'd have to say it was a success. We picked out a tree that was slightly smaller (shorter) than we usually do but I found it to be the perfect size for us and for Maeve. We pulled out the box of ornaments for what I expected to be a sort of unceremonious event but soon realized that Maeve was now of an age where all things discovered by her and experienced by her are and will become brand new for me. It was probably the best tree-decorating experience I have ever had. Each ornament that made its debut from the dusty box commanded some sort of exclamation from Maeve whether it was a "oooooh" or an "ahhhh" or just a general gasp for more air. What is better than that, I ask you?

The perfectionist:


Maeve admiring her work:


One last change before bathtime....ahhh...perfect!

No comments: