Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's a Jungle Out There...

Today Maeve and I went on a little adventure to Burlington to see where Auntie Lee makes her living and to steal her away for lunch. Before I continue with my story of our outing, I should interject and mention that for the last 2-3 years, I've been nagging Chris to take me to Disney World. Yes, I've been wanting to go long before Maeve came around and yes, I've been 3 times previously. I don't know where the desire to return is stemming from, I just feel like I need to answer the call. Anyway, back to the story...We made our way next door to the Mall and once inside, entered The Rainforest Cafe. Maeve was hooked from the moment we stepped foot into the gift shop (which is strategically placed at the entrance/exit so you have to walk by the merchandise twice). For those of you who have never been, The Cafe is full of (just-about) lifesize creatures of the rainforest: from elephants to alligators, tropical birds, to gorillas. There is even a waterfall and we were seated right beside it. Maeve pointed to the waterfall several times throughout her lunch as she tore into chicken tidbits and corn niblets. They even stage a thunderstorm ever half hour or so complete with lightning! Overhead? The Brazilian night sky, complete with shooting stars. OK, so it was slightly Mohegan Sun-ish, but it satisfied my yearning for Orlando, at least for a little while, which will please Chris to no end I'm sure, and watching Maeve point to each plant and creature whith her rousing "da" gave me a glimpse of the future and how many things there are for Maeve to discover. So, thanks Auntie Lee for a memorable afternoon (and a surprise treat to lunch). We'll meet you back there tomorrow, same time?





1 comment:

moi said...

What a great place for lunch! Maeve is gorgeous as always, no matter what the setting. She even outshines her pretty Mom and prtty Aunt. But, then again, I'm prejudiced! Grandpa Tom