Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Slice of Down Under by Way of the Bayou

I realize how cryptic the title of this entry is. Often times I need to employ the more creative area of my brain in order to withstand some of the repetitious moments of Maeve enjoying one of her many toys that "talks back" to you. For example, Maeve has this stuffed teddy bear (a slightly, scary, slightly depressed looking Precious Moments character complemented by a voice triggered by forcefully jabbing its belly) with an accent I've never laid ears on before. The only way to describe the voice for me, would be to say that it is an Aussie who has relocated and lived the second half of his life in Louisiana. I realize I've probably thought about this in excess, but when this bear's voice elicits such delight in a small little person like Maeve, you can't help but subject yourself over and over to the curious intonations of: Scary Precious Moments Bear. See for yourself:


1 comment:

Hydro said...

Bridget - I can see your wedding slippers in this picture! :-)